Just the shaping, ok, jokes aside, these butt butt buns are made using all milk and very soft and delicious. Really suitable for kiddies.
I made them in plain, lemon curd and double chocolate versions. For the double chocolate ones, I used callebaut chips and varlhona cocoa powder. They were the first to be wiped out.
Recipe (makes 8 big buns)
- 250g bread flour
- 180g milk
- 25g sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 30g salted butter
Additional for chocolate version
- 16g cocoa powder
- 5-10g milk
- 80g – 100g chocolate chips
1. Add all ingredients except butter and chocolate chips. Using dough hook, mix till a dough comes together, about 10 min.
2. Add in butter and knead for another 10-20 min, till window pane. Do not knead continuously, stop to turn the dough every now and then.
3. Form to a round dough. Cover and proof for 1 hour.
4. After first proof, for the chocolate version, press the dough to degas, then spread chocolate chips on top.
5. Divide dough into 16 portions, about 30g for plain and about 35g for chocolate version. Roll into round balls, rest for 10 min.
6. After resting, degas and roll out with rolling pin, then swissroll up. Pinch the bottom seams tightly. Place 2 pieces in muffin tray or just a baking tray, to form butt shape.
8. Proof for 1 hour in a closed and off oven.
9. Bake at 180 deg C for about 18-20 min.