Love this easy yummy recipe. Very soft crumbly and buttery texture, thank you nasilemaklover.
Double egg washed to make it more golden.
Recipe (from Nasilemaklover, makes 50)
- 50 balls of pineapple paste, 8g each
- 175g salted butter
- 50g condensed milk
- 255g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- For egg wash: 1 egg yolk plus 1 tsp of oil plus 1 tsp of milk.
1. Beat softened butter and condensed milk with mixer till light and fluffy.
2. Add in 1 egg yolk and mix till combined.
3. Add in sifted flour and now switch over to spatula and mix till a rough paste.
4. Use hands to mix till a smooth dough. Cover and rest in fridge for at least half an hour.
5. Meanwhile, roll out pineapple paste into 8g balls.
6. Measure out the tart dough into 10g portions and wrap the pineapple balls.
7. Beat 1 egg yolk, add 1 tsp each of cooking oil and milk and egg wash the pineapple balls.
8. Bake at 160 deg C with fan-force for 25 min or till golden. If you like a smoother and more golden eggwash, take out the balls at about 20 min, apply another layer of eggwash and continue to bake for 5 more min.