Love this easy yummy recipe. Very soft crumbly and buttery texture.
After many many trials, I realised double egg-washed closer to the end of bake is beat. Covers any tiny cracks that have formed, and gives a lovely golden hue.
Recipe (adapted from Nasilemaklover, makes 50)
- 50 balls of pineapple paste, 8g each
- 175g salted butter
- 50g condensed milk
- 255g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- For egg wash: 1 egg yolk plus 1 tsp of oil plus 1 tsp of milk.
1. Beat softened butter and condensed milk with mixer till light and fluffy.
2. Add in 1 egg yolk and mix till combined.
3. Add in sifted flour and now switch over to spatula and mix till a rough paste.
4. Use hands to mix till a smooth dough. Cover and rest for at least half an hour.
5. Meanwhile, roll out pineapple paste into 8g balls.
6. Measure out the tart dough into 10g portions and wrap the pineapple balls.
7. Bake at 160 deg C for 20 min.
8. Beat 1 egg yolk, add 1 tsp each of cooking oil and milk, mix well. After 20 min of baking, take out of oven and egg wash the pineapple balls with a soft kitchen towel or baking paper.
You can take the pineapple tarts out a few minutes earlier if you see some small cracks forming. You may need to lower temperature or adjust rack position if there are many cracks.
8. Bake at 160 deg C for another 10 min. Then remove and cool on rack.