Very soft, very easy recipe from 爱与恨老师. The combination of milk and higher butter content is unbeatable. It remains so soft and fluffy when I ate it the next morning. Give it a try and see if it will become your staple.
You can also make this recipe into a loaf instead of buns. It makes a soft and fragrant sandwich bread.
At step 4 below, shape into a loaf, proof 1 hour and bake at 190 deg C for 30 to 35 min.
Recipe (Original Recipe)
- 250g bread flour
- 135g fresh milk
- 8g milk powder (optional)
- 1 egg
- 50g sugar
- 3/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 40g butter
1. Mix all ingredients except salt and butter into stand mixer. Mix for 5-10 min till a rough dough forms.
2. Add in salt and butter and knead on slow, then high for the next 20 to 30 min. Stop frequently to turn dough and scrape down the sides. Knead till window pane.
3. Proof for 1 hour or double in size.
4. After proofing, pat with palm to degas. Divide into 9 portions of about 55-57g. Roll them round and rest for 15 min.
5. After resting, press to degas and shape them round again. Place into lined baking tray.
6. Proof in a closed oven with a cup of hot water for 1 hour.
7. Bake at 170 deg C for about 20 min.