A beautiful, delicious loaf that gave an awesome spring in the oven. Red wine does interfere with fermentation, so I have increased levain percentage and then compensated with reduced hydration.
Red wine also lends depth in flavour and goes really well with sourdough.
- 300g flours ( I used 130g malted flour, 170g Japanese bread flour)
- 100g red wine
- 100g water
- 5g salt
- 120g levain
1. Mix all ingredients except salt, in machine and fermentolyse for 1 hour.
2. Add salt. Machine knead till window pane
3. Round to a ball and place in an oiled bowl and cover.
4. Bulk fermentation for 4 hours (adjust accordingly) with 1 s&f and 1 coil fold in between
5. Shape and bench rest at room temp for another 30 min.
6. Freeze for 45 min, score
7. Bake in cold oven, with lower heat element only at 200 deg C for 15 min. Switch to top and bottom heat and bake for another 15 min.
8. Cool for 3 to 4 hours before slicing.