This recipe, is soooo delicious and so easy, it really is a must-bake for CNY if you like peanuts. There are only 5 ingredients!
I have used peanut butter to save all the trouble of roasting and blending peanuts. And certainly using a quality brand peanut butter that you already like, avoids potential risk of poor quality peanuts.
The peanut butter creates a smooth melt in the mouth feel with intense peanut flavour. The addition of caster sugar gives crunch. The salt is a must for that savoury tinge. I hope you like it as much as my family does, we couldn’t stop munching on it.
Recipe (30 small pieces)
- 120g crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 100g plain flour
- 30g icing sugar
- 20g caster sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 30-35g cooking oil
1. Mix flour, sugars and salt in a mixing bowl with spatula.
2. Add in peanut butter and mix till a sandy or grainy texture.
3. Add in 30g oil and mix to bring the mixture together into a dough. Add a little more if mixture will not come together.
4. Shape into round balls of 10g and use a straw to press a decorative circle on top.
5. Bake at 170 deg C for 15 to 20 min. Cookies are very soft when warm, so handle and eat after they have cooled.