Pretty chocolate swirl bread that’s a hit with the kids. I started with the very popular fragrant milk bread, and it was a soft, yummy loaf.
- 1 dough from here up till step 2
- 15g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp water
- Chocolate chips
1. After dough is just kneaded, divide into 2.
2. Place 1 back into mixing bowl, add in Cocoa powder and water. Knead on low till mixed well.
3. Roll both doughs round and rest for 15 min covered.
4. After resting, roll out dough. Add chocolate chips as shown, I did not measure the amount of choc Chips.
5. Place one dough on top of the other. Using scrape, make strips as shown. Twirl the strips.
6. Roll down from top. Place in baking tin. Proof for about 1 hour.
7. Egg wash if you like.
8. Bake at 180 deg for 30 min. I used lower baking element with fan to get a light golden color. Slice after loaf has cooled.