The cream cheese here is kneaded into the dough and not used as fillings. It definitely improves softness and fragrance.
Recipe (8 rolls in 8″ square tin)
- 60g cream cheese
- 70g water
- 1 egg
- 30g sugar
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 250g bread flour
1. Add cream cheese, water, egg and sugar into mixing and use spatula to mix well.2. Add in yeast and mix well.
3. Add in flour and use spatula to form into a rough dough. Stand for 5 min.
4. With stand mixer, knead at up to speed 3 for Kenwood for about 10 min. Dough will become smooth and elastic. Check for window pane.
5. Proof for 30 min. Then flatten to degas and divide into 8 portions. Roll them round.
6. Take a round dough and roll out into a rectangle, then swissroll up. Place in a lined baking tin. Repeat for all.
7. Proof for 50 min to 1 hour till double in size.
8. Bake at 175 deg C for 25 min.
9. Lift from tin and cool on wire rack.