Added some almond flour or powder in my traditional butter cake and the cake body is so soft. More fragrant too. A very easy, whole egg recipe, I have baked it too short though.
Recipe (7″ round tin)
- 160g salted butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 60g super fine almond flour (or powder)
- 45g milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sift flour with baking powder. Then pour in almond flour and mix with hand whisk. Set aside.
2. Cut cold butter in cubes. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Do not over cream and be careful to avoid butter melting.
3. Crack 3 eggs at room temperature in a bowl. Add in 3 batches, mixing well at high speed after each addition.
This part is important, the batter will looked curdled like beancurd at first when egg is added each time, but in the end should look like butter cream. Use spatula to scrape down as you mix.
4. Add in flour mixture in 2 batches, mix at low speed for 10 sec after each addition.
5. Add vanilla extract to milk. Add this in 2 batches into batter. Mix at low speed for 10 second after each addition.
6. Pour into lined baking tin. Batter is lumpy. Bang against counter and smoothen the top.
7. Bake with top and bottom heat at 175 deg C for 40 min. Cool on rack for 5 min, then unmould from tin by lifting the baking paper.
Note: I have used a square tin here.