In love with these Ciabattas, easy, delicious and fun to make. All you need is a bit of time and patience, but no kneading! Perfect for work-from-home COVID situation.
Recipe (original recipe here on YouTube)
- 200g water
- 1 tsp yeast
- 25g olive oil
- 250g bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
1. In a Tupperware or storage box with lid, add water, yeast and oil. Stir well.
2. Add flour and salt, using a silicone spatula, mix till a rough dough forms.
3. Cover with lid, leave on counter top for 45min.
4. After 45 min, wet hands and do stretch and fold in 4 directions. Handle dough gently and do not tear it. (Note that I changed the container here.)
5. Cover and leave on counter for 30 min.
6. Repeat stretch and fold for another 2 times, each time wetting hands first and handling dough gently. Allow 30 min interval between second and third set as well.
7. After the third set of stretch and fold, cover and leave on counter for 40 min.
8. After 40 min, flour a mat and the dough generously.
9. Overturn container on mat and let gravity does it’s work.
10. Flour the dough generously, then divide into 4 portions.
11. Lift, very gently and place on a floured baking paper.
12. Proof for 30 min in an enclosed space.
13. Preheat oven to 220 deg C. When 30 mins of proofing is up, bake in oven for 18 mins. Cool before slicing.