Soft, nutritious and beautiful loaf, can smell wafts of butter and milk aroma as it baked.
You can replace the pumpkin with potatoes, all colours of sweet potatoes, and this recipe will work too.
- 85g of pumpkin puree
- 125g fresh milk
- 30g sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 240g bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 30g butter
1. To prepare puree, slice pumpkin and steam till soft. Press through a sieve and measure out 85g
2. Ensure puree is cool. Add to mixing bowl and then all ingredients except for butter.
3. Knead this for about 5 min till a dough forms, then add in butter.
4. Knead this for about 15 min from low to high speed. Scrape down often and turn dough. Till you have a smooth elastic dough with window pane.
5. Form into round dough and proof for 1 hour.
6. After 1 hour, punch down, degas and divide into 2 round doughs. Rest for 10 min.
7. After 10 min, roll out 1 dough and fold 1/3 up and down into a long strip. Do the same for other dough.
8. Roll out a strip and swissroll up. Repeat for other dough.
9. Proof in warm environment for about 1 hour.
10. Flour and score if you like. Bake at 200 deg C for 30 min.
11. Cool completely before slicing.
10 Comments Add yours
How do you score? Thanks!
With a scoring knife. Maybe you can Google for videos to follow.
Can I use more pumpkin puree? Like instead of 85g.. I use 120g?
Need to experiment, e.g. need to reduce water content also, otherwise might be a very wet dough.
Can I replace milk with soy milk or water?
Soy milk is ok, for water you need to reduce by 10 to 20 percent, or it will be too sticky to handle.
Hi, can I make this into bun instead of loaf?
Yes sure, can bake for shorter duration about 20-25 min if baked into buns.
Wow what a great recipe and some great instructions to go with it. Thank you for posting this recipe.
Welcome! Give it a try.
LikeLiked by 1 person