Soft, nutritious and beautiful loaf, can smell wafts of butter and milk aroma as it baked.
You can replace the pumpkin with potatoes, all colours of sweet potatoes, and this recipe will work too.
- 85g of pumpkin puree
- 125g fresh milk
- 30g sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 240g bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 30g butter
1. To prepare puree, slice pumpkin and steam till soft. Press through a sieve and measure out 85g
2. Ensure puree is cool. Add to mixing bowl and then all ingredients except for butter.
3. Knead this for about 5 min till a dough forms, then add in butter.
4. Knead this for about 15 min from low to high speed. Scrape down often and turn dough. Till you have a smooth elastic dough with window pane.
5. Form into round dough and proof for 1 hour.
6. After 1 hour, punch down, degas and divide into 2 round doughs. Rest for 10 min.
7. After 10 min, roll out 1 dough and fold 1/3 up and down into a long strip. Do the same for other dough.
8. Roll out a strip and swissroll up. Repeat for other dough.
9. Proof in warm environment for about 1 hour.
10. Flour and score if you like. Bake at 200 deg C for 30 min.
11. Cool completely before slicing.