Tried a recipe with Yoghurt and honey from Princess Linda, made into this Wholemeal loaf almost 1kg dough. Super tall and fluffy and good to eat on its own.
Below pictures are half recipes done in the 450g tin.
Happy to find this staple recipe as I make the whole family’s bread, and this won’t last a week. You can also make it plain if you like and it will be equally tasty.
Recipe (for 900g pullman tin or half for 450g tin)
- 420g bread flour
- 80g wholemeal flour (replace all with bread flour if making white bread)
- 50g sugar
- 1 egg
- 90g sugar free yoghurt
- 20g honey
- 100g milk
- 100g water
- 1.5 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g butter
1. Mix A roughly with a spoon, set aside covered for 30 min to autolyse.
2. Add the yeast and knead till a rough dough forms. Then add C and knead till window pane.
3. Form a smooth round dough and proof covered for 1-1.5 hrs, till double in size.
4. After proofing, flatten and pat away large bubbles. Divide dough into 5 round doughs, about 195g. Rest them for 20 min.
5. After resting, roll out and fold 1/3 In from both sides, then rest for 10 min again.
6. Roll out lengthwise with a rolling pin, pat away bubbles at the edges.
7. Swiss roll up.
8. Place in tin and proof for 60-70 min, till up to 90% of tin height.
9. Bake in this Pullman tin for 40 – 50 min at 185 deg C. Tent at 10-15 min with aluminium foil. Adjust your temperature and duration if not using this tin.
10. Turn out immediately to cool on wire rack. Wait for at least 1 hour or even overnight, before slicing.