Pretty, aromatic and very very soft bread. Remains soft the next day and gobbled up by the family thereafter. It’s a very sticky dough, so dusting flour on hands and surfaces is a must.
- 150g tomato puree
- 1 egg (50g without shell)
- 20g sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 120g bread flour
- 140g multigrain or wholemeal or replace with bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 20g butter
1. Add all ingredients except yeast, salt and butter. Mix roughly till no dry flour and set aside for 30 min to allow autolysis.
2. After 30min, add yeast and knead till smooth and elastic.
3. Add salt and butter and knead till window pane.
4. Roll round and proof 1 hour.
5. Degas. Divide into 2 portions, roll round and rest for 10 min.
6. Roll out 1 portion into a rectangle and fold 1/3 section up and 1/3 section down to a long strip. Repeat for other dough.
7. Take the first long strip and roll out longer then swiss roll up. Repeat for other dough.
8. Place in Pullman tin and proof 1 hour. Bake at 30-35 min at 200 deg C. Tent the top if it gets too dark.