These buns were lip-smacking good. Made with home made fillings, one was not enough for me.
The filling was moist and rich, the Windsor buns were soft and springy, totally made my day.
Recipe (Makes 10 with leftover filling)
- 200g grated fresh coconut
- 130g Gula Melaka
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 Windsor dough from here
1. Chop up Gula Melaka roughly. Add Gula Melaka, 2 tbsp water and salt into a pot.
2. Heat gently till all melted.
3. In a separate pan, dry fry coconut gently till warm and loosen up.
4. Pour in Gula Melaka mixture, sieved first.
5. Stir still well mixed. Add in cornstarch water last.
6. Set aside and let cool completely.
7. Take a Windsor dough from step 4 (after kneading and rested for 10min), divide into 10 pieces about 45-50g. Roll them round.
8. Take a round dough and roll out flat. Place 25g-30g of coconut filling and pinch it close.
9. Shape round, repeat for all. Proof for 50 min.
10. After proofing, bake at 160-170 deg for 20-25 min.