A very easy recipe. There’s no issue of wet sunken centre or cracks at all. I made it pretty short because we all can’t take a thick slab of cheese at one go, so this is more like the height of a tart.
Best part of the taste is the refreshing lemon juice that cuts through the creamy cheese.
Recipe (6″ round tin)
- 90g digestive biscuits (about 6 pieces of Mcvites)
- 45g melted butter
- 250g block cream cheese
- 70g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 50g Sourcream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Start with a loose base or spring form cake tin so that the cake can be lifted when done. I did not have one, so I lined my square tin with a big piece of foil for lifting up later.
2. Place digestive biscuits in a zip lock bag and crush with rolling pin.
2. Add in melted butter and mix well. Press into base of cake tin.
3. Cut cream cheese into cubes and leave it to soften for a while.
4. Add sugar and beat till well mixed.
5. Add in the egg, mix again.
6. Finally add in sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
7. Pour into bake tin and smoothen.
8. Bake in oven preheated at 160 deg C. Place 2 cups of water to prevent cracking. Bake for about 1 hour.
9. After times up, leave to cool in oven with door ajar.
10. Remove from tin after cake has cooked and then chill in fridge.