Other than looking very beautiful, something good enough for gifting, this star bread is yummy and fun to make.
- One dough from below link, or any soft bread dough. Total of 280g needed. (https://oladybakes.com/2017/11/26/tearing-toast-sponge-dough-流泪吐士–中种法）/)
1. After first proof (after step 3 in the above link), cut out 4 portions of 70g. Roll them round. The rest of dough can be used to make small buns.
2. Flour surface and roll out 1 dough into a round flat piece. Flour a bit more if dough is too sticky, but sparingly each time. Then spread Nutella on top.
2. Roll out a second dough and place on top of the Nutella. Then spread Nutella on top of the second piece.
3. Repeat till all 4 pieces are used up, but do not spread Nutella on the last piece of dough.
4. Place a small glass on the centre of the stack.
5. With a sharp knife, make a total of 16 slits around.
6. Take 2 pieces, twist them away from each other, twice. Then pinch ends together. See video here: https://www.facebook.com/Oladybakes/videos/2103466789908384/
7. Repeat till all 8 sets of 2 are done. Proof for 30min.
8. Eggwash. Then bake for 15 – 20 min in the oven at 170 degC. Till golden brown.