I made this, it was wiped out and I had to make it immediately the next few days. Please try.
- 140 ml milk
- 40g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 30g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g butter
1. Mix milk, egg, sugar and salt till evenly combined with hand whisk.
2. Add in flour at one go and whisk. There will be small lumps and it is fine. Add in the butter in chunks.
3. Cook over stove using very small heat. Mixture will thicken in a few minutes. Cook till swirls do not disappear.
4. Take off heat, add vanilla extract and stir till combine.
5. Clingwrap with the wrap touching the custard to prevent a skin forming. Chill to set further.
1. Use recipe from Easy One Proof Buns (Burger and Luncheon Meat). After kneading and resting for 15 min. Divide into 10 portions of about 50g. Roll into round doughs and rest 10 min.
2. Using your palms, flatten the round dough and press down the edges.
3. Place custard in the centre, about 30g.
4. Pinch to seal.
5. Roll gently to form a round shape. Then proof for 50 min.
6. Take about 30g of custard and mix with a teaspoon of milk. Put into a piping bag. Egg wash the buns and pipe any patterns on the buns.
7. Bake at 170 degC for about 15-20 min.
5 Comments Add yours
I would like to make this bread but proof overnight. It’s winter here at the moment around 10 degrees or lower at night. Do you think it will be able to prove in oven overnight and bake in the morning? Thanks
I think it’s doable but you must experiment. I would think, you will need to reduce the amount of yeast, so the proofing will slow down.