I made this, it was wiped out and I had to make it immediately the next few days. Please try.
Custard ( adapted from Jeannie Tay)
- 200 ml milk
- 40g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15g plain flour
- 15g corn flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g butter
1. Mix plain flour, corn flour and egg till evenly combined, add vanilla extract and set aside.
2. In a pan, add milk, sugar, salt. Under Low heat, stir till sugar has dissolved.
3. Add in egg mixture slowly and stir vigorously using a hand whisk. Mixture will thicken in a few minutes. It will turn a little grainy, them smoothen as you whisk. Cook till swirls do not disappear.
4. Take off heat, add butter and stir till combine.
5. Clingwrap with the wrap touching the custard to prevent a skin forming. Chill to set further.
1. Use recipe from Easy One Proof Buns (Burger and Luncheon Meat). After kneading and resting for 15 min. Divide into 10 portions of about 50g. Roll into round doughs and rest 10 min.
2. Using your palms, flatten the round dough and press down the edges.
3. Place custard in the centre, about 30-35g.
4. Pinch to seal.
5. Roll gently to form a round shape. Then proof for 50 min.
6. Take about 30g of custard and mix with a teaspoon of milk. Put into a piping bag. Egg wash the buns and pipe any patterns on the buns.
7. Bake at 170 degC for about 15-20 min.