- 10- 15 leaves, blended with 80 g coconut milk and some water to squeeze out 95g of Pandan coconut milk.
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 g sugar
- 60g cooking oil
- 100g cake flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp green colouring (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 egg whites
- 50g sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Wash and soak leaves for a few minutes, then cut into small pieces.
2. Using an electric blender, add in a few tsp of water and blend till fine. Add in the coconut milk. Place a sieve over a container and squeeze out the juice with your hands. Measure out 95g of Pandan coconut mixtu. Set aside.
4. Beat egg yolks with sugar and salt till light and fluffy. Add in oil and beat some more. Follow with Pandan coconut milk.
5. Sift flour with baking powder and fold into the yolk mixture. Divide this mixture into 2 portions by weight.
6. Add the cocoa powder into one portion, you can also add green colouring to the other portion. Set aside.
7. Next beat the egg whites till large bubbles form and add cream of tartar. Continue beating and add in sugar very gradually. Beat still stiff peak. Divide the meringue into 2 portions by weight.
8. Add the meringue into each of the cocoa and Pandan batter. Fold gently to combine.
9. Using 2 identical soup spoons, alternate spoons of Pandan and chocolate batter into baking tin, till all the batter is used up.
10. Bake at 165 deg C for 35 min. Invert to cool on wire rack. Then unmould and slice.