A basic bun but with wholemeal added. Buns are easy to make and just as versatile as loafs. Here’s what we had this morning and my girl is just happy to drizzle with snow powder.
This recipe uses dairy cream which makes it easy to handle and very tasty. Especially good if you are trying to use up dairy cream which expires quickly after opening.
- 200g bread flour
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 10g milk powder (optional)
- 50g dairy whipping cream (or Nestle, cooking cream etc)
- 70g water
- 3/4 tsp yeast
- 40g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 15g butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix the bread and wholemeal flours, and water roughly and set aside for 20-30 min. ( can skip if you are in a hurry)
2. Add in everything except butter and salt, and knead till a rough dough forms. Then add in butter and salt and knead till smooth and elastic, near window pane. Proof for 40 min.
3. Punch down and flatten, divide into 9 portions (about 54g). Roll out, then Swiss roll up. Pinch down the sides and shape into small round doughs. Place into baking tin.
4. Proof for 1 hour.
5. Bake at 170 deg C for 20 min. Turn out on wire rack first and cool before eating.