Converted yet another favourite yeasted recipe to a sourdough one, having fun doing this. There’s a renewed sense of energy in my baking journey.
This is a popular Taiwanese recipe, I use the yeasted version all the time for all sorts of buns, sandwich loaf application. It is very tasty and fragrant. Yeasted version here.
Recipe (1 Pullman Tin loaf)
240g bread flour
80g whipping cream
25g salted butter
1. Add all ingredients except butter into a stand mixer and mix up with spatula. If time allows, autolyse for 30min.
2. Using mixer, knead from low to high speed till dough comes together. Add butter and knead till window pane.
3. Divide dough into 2 equally, roll round and rests for 15 min.
4. Roll out dough into a rectangle and fold in left and right. Repeat for other dough.
5. Go back to the first strip and roll out very long, then swissroll up. Repeat for other dough.
6. Place into Pullman tin and proof till about 70 percent of tin height. About 5.5 hours for me.
7. Bake at 190 deg C uncovered for 35 to 40 min. Cover with aluminium foil if the top gets too brown. Cool before slicing.