Very quick and easy, if you have a sudden dessert craving, you can get this out under 2 hours.
No special raising agents other than eggs, which I beat in real well.
The combination of dark chocolate and savoury peanut butter is a winner.
Recipe ( adapted from katiebirdbakes, 8″ by 8″ square tin)
- 110g chocolate ( I use callebaut)
- 110g salted butter
- 130g dark brown sugar (reduced from 200g)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 60g peanut butter
1. Line baking tin, preheat oven to 165 deg C.
2. Place chocolate chips and butter in a bowl, microwave in 30 sec bursts till all melted. Add in sugar and whisk till mostly dissolve. Leave to cool to room temp.
3. Add in eggs one by one and beat well till thicken. About 5 min. Add in vanilla extract and whisk in.
4. Sieve plain flour and cocoa powder.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, whisk at low speed for 15 seconds. Mix in flour on the sides with spatula and pour into baking tin.
6. Warm up peanut butter in microwave till it is pourable. About 10 sec at medium. Place into piping bag.
7. Pipe and decorate as you like.
8. Bake at 165 deg C for 30 to 35 min. Enjoy when it has cooled.