Recipe (makes 5)
- 140g chocolate (I use half 70% dark chocolate and half milk chocolate)
- 110g salted butter
- 40g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 30g cake flour
1. Oil muffin tray and coat with flour (very important).
2. Double boil chocolate over a pot of hot water on low heat to melt.
3. Once melted, remove from pot and add in butter. Mix till even.
4. With the flames off, place a bowl with eggs and sugar over the same pot of hot water. Beat till foamy.
5. Pour eggs into chocolate mixture and mix till combined.
6. Add sifted flour in 4-5 batches. Mixing quickly each time. Do over small batches to avoid clumps.
7. Spoon batter into muffin tray till about the brim.
8. Placed into oven preheated at 220 deg. Bake for 6-8 mins. I only needed 6 mins. Once you see the top baked with fine cracks, it’s done. When you touch with a finger, the top is dry but wobbly.
9. Remove from oven. Let cake seat in the muffin tray for 1 – 2 mins. Run a knife gently around the side and over turn onto a plate.
10. Add powder sugar and serve warm with ice cream!