Super yummy bread if you like cinnamon. Looks so pretty too.
- 2 heap tbsp of sugar
- 40-50g soften butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Prepare a dough of Windsor bread from the link above, up to step 4. You can divide the dough into 2 which is easier to manage or use 1 big dough.
2. Prepare the cinnamon filling by mixing altogether with a fork.
3. After resting the dough, flour surfaces and roll out. If the dough is springing back, cover and rest for 5 min, then roll again. You need to flour the dough intermittently so it doesn’t stick too badly. You can also stretch it. I rolled till the dough is about 3-4 mm thick.
4. Spread the cinnamon paste on top.
5. Roll up gently. The bottom may be sticking to the mat, use a scraper to help.
6. Using the knife, slice the dough into 2 lengthwise and then start to braid
7. Join the ends to form a ring.
8. Proof for about 30 min in a closed oven with a cup of hot water.
9. Bake at 180 deg C for 13-15 min.