These are just really crumbly melt in the mouth butter cookies. Very easy to make, just don’t over bake to get this signature pale look. Be attentive when the cookies are baking.
Recipe (makes about 40-50, from small small baker)
- 125g salted butter cubed
- 40g icing sugar
- 80g cake flour
- 125g potato starch
1. Mix slightly softened butter with the icing sugar. Do not over mix or the cookies will spread badly in the oven. Mix till lighter but not yet like butter cream.
2. Sift cake flour and potato starch. Add to butter and mix till a soft even dough.
3. Roll into round balls of 8-10g and place on baking tray. Use a fork to make an imprint.
4. Bake at 160 deg C for about 20 min. Adjust rack position or baking temperature or time to make sure cookies do not brown too much.
5. Cookies are soft when just baked and will harden when they cool.