A soft and fluffy bread using straight dough and quick proof method. The key difference is the old dough or 老面that I added, and the whole loaf was soft and fluffy.
My old dough is easy and casual, it’s any bread dough saved from the last bread that you baked. I always make it around 60g. After adding into a new bread dough, I will then cut out 60g from the new dough to save in the freeze and bake the rest.
Recipe (Pullman tin)
- 260g bread flour (can replace up to 80g with wholemeal flour)
- 60g yoghurt (unsweetened)
- 110g water
- 30g sugar
- 60g old dough (omit if you don’t have it)
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 30g butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix everything except salt and butter in a stand mixer with dough hook. Old dough should be thawed and torn into small pieces.
2. Mix at low then high speed till dough comes together, about 5-8 min.
3. Add in butter and salt. Knead at low speed then high speed again, about 10 min till window pane.
4. If you used old dough, remove 60g to save as old dough, cling-wrapped and freeze.
5. Form the rest of the dough into a round ball and rest for 20 min.
6. Divide into 3 doughs about 165g. Degas by pressing gently and shape into round doughs. Rest for 5-10min.
7. Roll out a dough into a flat rectangle, and fold inwards 1/3 from both sides. Roll out lengthwise and then swissroll up. Repeat for other 2 doughs.8. Place into Pullman tin and proof in a closed oven with a cup of hot water for 1 hour. Till about 90% of the tin.9. Cover the tin and bake at 200 deg C for 40 min. Cool completely before slicing.