These unremarkable looking little cupcakes made me so happy. It’s soft, moist, full of butter flavor but no dense oil patches anywhere. Best of all it’s a one bowl recipe with whole eggs, really ho jiak!
Recipe (makes 8)
- 125g butter (prefer tin golden churn)
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 20g orange juice or mill
- 30g non sweet yoghurt (prefer Pauls)
- 110g cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Sift flour with baking powder. Mix orange juice and yoghurt in a bowl with a spoon. Set these aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar till light. Add in eggs one by one and whisk with mixer.
2. Add in orange yoghurt mixture and salt, and keep mixing. Mixture will curdle a little.
3. Add flour all in one go and fold with a spatula in a few strokes till no dry flour.
4. Scoop into cups. Bake at 180 deg C for 20 min till skewer comes out clean.