I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful Colour. The purple potato didn’t turn blue even though I forgot to add lemon juice, maybe the yeast created an acidic environment?
- 80g purple sweet potato puree.
- 240g bread flour
- 130 ml milk
- 20g sugar
- 3/4 tsp yeast
- 20g butter
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 50g chocolate chips
1. Add milk to bread flour and leave to stand for 20 min or so.
2. Boil/ steam sweet potato till soft. Remove skin. Mash and strain through sieve. Measure out 80g and leave to completely cool.
3. Add everything except butter and salt into mixer and knead till a rough dough forms. If you notice the dough is dry, add in water tbsp by tbsp ( I added 2 tbsp as the potato this round was rather dry).
4. Add in butter and salt. Knead till window pane. Flatten dough gently by hand and add chocolate chips on top. Roll up. Give it a few knead and folds to make sure chocolate are well distributed. Shape into round dough and proof for 1 hour.
5. After 1st proof, divide into 60g portions and shape into round doughs. Place into lined baking tray and rest for another hour.
6. After second proof, dust it with floor, or egg wash, or do nothing. Bake at 180 deg C for about 25 min. Adjust according to your oven.
7. Cool on wire rack before eating.