Ermine buttercream. It’s lighter than American Buttercream but easier to make than SMBC. It’s every bit as delicious, stable and very pipeable in our hot weather. Also, be assured there is no flour taste whatsoever.
Recipe (makes a small piping bag)
- 16g plain flour
- 100g milk
- 100g salted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g to 30g caster sugar (adjust to taste)
1. Add milk and flour into a pot. Use hand whisk to stir till flour has dissolved. Place on stove and sse medium heat and whisk constantly.
2. Lift off the stove when roux thickens and forms a paste, in about a few minutes
3. Leave to cool to room temperature.
4. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and fully. Add in vanilla extract.5. Add in roux tablespoon by tablespoon. Whisking thoroughly after each addition.
6.And it’s done! Scoop into piping bag and pipe as you like!
8 Comments Add yours
Which bread receipe you used for this?
I have used both Windsor and tearing toast for this.
Should I bake the bread first then pipe the buttercream?
Yes bake the bread first.
Can this be used for Swiss roll? The amount here sufficient for 10 x 10 Swiss roll? Thank you.
Yes but i am unsure of the amount. You can make more and freeze. Then thaw in chill section before next use.
Hi! Do you think I could add some honey into the roux so that it would have a honey flavour?
I think it’s possible, sounds tasty. Just that I have not tried.