Lovely aromatic bread, 60g of honey in this recipe, replaces all the sugar needed for sweetness. Loaf is fluffy and tall and smells of honey with every bite.
I’ve also added tangzhong (water roux) to the recipe and it has made the bread’s softness last longer.
Recipe (Adapted Banyzhao)
- 80g tangzhong (20g bread flour, 100g water)
- 165g Bread flour
- 120g plain flour
- 60g honey
- 30g beaten egg
- 95g milk
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 25g butter
1.Prepare tangzhong by heating flour and water in a pot, under low heat. Stir till thickened. Set aside to cool completely and measure out 80g for use.
2. Add all ingredients (including tangzhong) except butter and salt. Knead till a rough dough. Add in butter and salt. Knead till window pane. Proof for 1 hour.
3. Turn dough onto counter. Pat gently to remove air. Divide in 3 portions of about 190g. Roll into round dough and rest for 10 min.
4. Roll out dough, fold 1/3 in both sides. Repeat for other 2. Rest for 10 min.
5. Roll out with rolling pin again into Long strip. Swiss roll up and place into 450g Pullman tin. Proof for another hour.
6. Bake at 190 deg C for 45 min (this is a guide only). Tent when the top gets too brown.