Converted a popular recipe to cupcakes and also used whipped ganache as topping. This is a delicious recipe, very choclatey and very fast and easy to make for a party.
Recipe (12 cup cakes )
- 120g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 180g butter or cooking oil (can reduce to 160g, i usually use 80g salted butter and 80g cooking oil)
- 200g evaporated milk
- 180g sugar (can reduce to 160g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 60g evaporated milk or whipping cream
- 25g butter
- 150g chocolate (can be chips or bar, good quality chocolate)
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder. Set aside.
2. Place evaporated milk, sugar, salt and butter (or oil) in a pot and heat gently on low flames. Hand whisk till butter and sugar have all melted.
3. Let it cool for a while. Add in vanilla.
4. Beat the egg slightly and pour it in. Hand whisk till well mixed.
5. Finally pour this wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix till no dry flour. Batter is watery.
6. Pour into cup cake tin lined with paper liner or cups, fill up to 2/3 to 3/4 height into 12 cups, and bake at 170 deg C for 20 min.
7. Next, on ganache. Place butter and evaporated milk into a bowl. Microwave in bursts of 10 sec till hot or boiling. Mix butter and milk well.
8. Pour into the bowl of chocolate and let it seat for 30 sec, then stir with a butter knife. If necessary, you can zap in microwave in short bursts of 5 sec to make the chocolate melt further.
9. Let this mixture sit for a few hours till cool and slightly harden, and you can scoop up as a lump with a spoon and no longer watery. You can hasten this by putting the bowl into the fridge for a short time and stirring it frequently. But do not leave in the fridge for so long that it completely hardens again.
10. Using a mixer, whipped till a lighter brown, this will only take a few minutes.
11. Scoop into piping bag and pipe as desire.