These are almost exactly like coin prata. You’ll feel totally like the prata man or woman when attempting the recipe, except for the flipping and tossing, that is. Taste wise, it’s crispy on the outside and chewy and fluffy inside. Thumbs up!
Recipe (makes 8 small ones)
- 200g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 120g warm water
Spring onion filling
- 4 stalks spring onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 10g heated oil
1. Mix flour, salt and warm water in a mixing bowl. Hand knead for 5-10 min till dough comes together. Rest for 10 min and knead again to form a smooth and elastic dough.
2. Divide dough into 8 portions, knead and roll to a long shape.
3. Place in a plate coated with oil. Brush more oil onto each dough till all surface coated. Cover and rest for 1 hour.
4. Mix all spring onion ingredients in a bowl except the oil. Heat oil and pour over spring onion, mix well.
5. After resting, roll out a dough on an oiled mat. Use hands to gently stretch in all directions, till as thin and possible.
6. Place a heap teaspoon of spring onion filling in the middle. Then fold twice to form a long strip.
7. Lightly stretch this longer and coil it round. Flatten one end and place underneath coil.
8. Heat in a pan at low heat, with a small amount of oil. Fry till golden brown.
9. Serve hot, with vinegar and chinese chilli oil if you like.