The copious amount of garlic here is enough to ward off all evil, and the smell while baking is heaven. We love garlic and can take them raw. Please adjust to taste.
But the best part about this bun is the butter toasted bottom which is crispy and filled with aroma of butter and toasted sesame, a must to enjoy while freshly baked.
Recipe (for 8 buns)
- 1 dough from here
- 10 cloves of garlic (adjust to taste
- 1 stalk of spring onion or scallion
- 30 – 40g butter
- Salt to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Eggwash – 2 tbsp of whole egg mixed with 2 tbsp of fresh milk.
1. Using a Windsor dough that has just been kneaded (from step 3), divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll them round and rest for 5 mins.
2. Roll out to an oval and then swissroll up as shown. Pinch the seams.
3. Coat generously with sesame seeds.
4. Proof in a warm place for 50 min.
5. While proofing, chop vegetables and mix all filling ingredients, including the butter.
6. After proofing, eggwash.
7. Then made a deep cut in the middle of each dough.
8. Widen the cut and fill in the filling with a spoon and a butter knife.
8. Bake at 175 deg C for 18 min till golden.