A very easy adaptation of a classic butter cake recipe. I baked them into cupcakes. There is no need for egg separation, yet cake is still light and fluffy and not dense with oily patches.
Recipe (makes 8 cupcakes)
- 125g salted butter cut into cubes
- 85g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 30 ml milk
1. Cream butter, salt and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in eggs 1 by 1, beat well at high speed after each addition till well mixed. Add in vanilla essence with second egg.
3. Sift flour with baking powder. Then add half to the butter mixture. Mix well at low speed
4. Add in half the milk and mix and low speed again, just a few seconds. Repeat for the rest of the flour and milk. Batter is quite thick.
5. Spoon into paper cups as below about 2/3 full.
6. Top with chocolate chips if you like. Bake at 180 deg C for 25 min.
7. Cool on rack.