I haven’t tried new bread recipes in a while, mainly because I’ve been sticking to a couple of recipes that I liked so much that I’ve memorized. This one caught my eye, cause it’s fast and results all looked fabulous. The recipe is viral on Taiwanese blogs and FB groups.
I easily achieved this soft, fluffy bread in under 2 hours. It’s clean tasting and didn’t require fancy ingredients.
Ingredients (adapted from here , makes 9 buns)
- 225g bread flour
- 25g cake flour
- 8g milk powder (optional)
- 1 egg yolk about 20g
- 25g caster sugar
- 140g – 150g water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp yeast
- 25g butter.
1. Add all ingredients except yeast and butter and knead in stand mixer with dough hook, for a few minutes till the dough comes together.
2. Add in yeast and knead for another 5 min.
3. Add in butter and knead till an elastic dough, about 10-15 min.
4. Rest the dough for 10 min. Divide into 9 pieces and roll them round, then rest another 10 min.
5. Flour surfaces lightly. Roll out 1 dough, about 12 cm by 8 cm, not too thin. Pat out air bubbles at the edges.
6. Swiss roll up gently and place on baking tray. Don’t roll too tight. Repeat for all other doughs.
7. Proof in a closed oven with a cup for hot water for 40 min.
8. Lightly sprinkle some flour or powder sugar on top or you can egg wash them.
9. Bake at 180 deg for 15 min till golden.