This recipe is gotten from 爱与恨老师. It makes an in-between bread, soft yet with a bite. It looks lovely yet very easy and effortless to make. Because moisture is low, dough is easy to handle.
I’ve added wholemeal flour, chocolate chip, fruits and seeds to the recipe and it is still very soft.
Recipe (Adapted from Original Recipe, makes 3 small loaves)
- 200g bread flour
- 50g wholemeal flour (can be replaced with bread flour)
- 10g milk powder (can be replaced with bread flour)
- 1/2 beaten egg (25g)
- 25g sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 125g – 140g water (I added 140g)
- 25g butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fruits and seeds
- chocolate chips
1. Add all ingredients except butter and salt and optional items into stand mixer and knead till a rough dough. Add butter and salt and knead till smooth and elastic. Proof for 50 min.
2. Divide dough into 3 portions (about 155g). Flatten gently and add in optional items here.
3. Shape into a round dough, cover and rest for 20-30 min.
4. After resting, flatten gently with hands again to degas, then shape as desired. Proof in an OFF oven with a cup of hot water for 50 min.
5. 5 min before the end of final proof, dust with flour and score with a sharp knife as preferred. Do not over proof as this will affect the rise in the oven, and the scoring will not show up nicely.
6. Bake in pre-heat oven of 170 deg C, for 25-30 min, till golden brown.