Recipe (makes 4 big ones)
- 300g plain flour
- 180g warm water
- 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
Spring Onion Paste
- 170g chopped spring onion
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- salt and white pepper to taste ( about 1/2 tsp each)
1. Mix all dough ingredients of the dough in a large bowl. Hand knead for 7-8 minues till a rough dough forms. Cover and rest for 40 min.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the spring onion paste. Chop spring onion and place them onto paper towels to dry them.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
4. Take out the rested dough and divide into 4 equal portions. Roll them out to a thin large sheet.
5. Using a spatula, spread the spring onion paste onto the skin. Then Swiss roll up.
6. Roll to a Long rope and then twist it.
7. Follow with coiling it up as shown.
8. Wrap up each portion with cling wrap. Rest minimally for 1 hour and up to 3 hours at room temperature. Or rest overnight in fridge.
9. When ready to eat, roll out till flat and thin. Use the clingwrap to prevent sticking. You can also wrap in clingwrap and freeze. Frozen ones can be fried immediately without thawing.
10. For frying, add a little oil to saucepan. Pan fried for 4-5 mins on low heat to ensure insides are cooked.